" Hilter! Child slavery! Chli doggin'! It has everything I like. Except a comically large check with my name on it! And, of course, a normal-sized check with your name on it."
Plot[edit | edit source]
He lets them know that Larrity is only passing low-quality games now. While Mary says this is nothing new, Dave responds that it has become more frequent after Todd's Snack Man had gone gold. Jerry reminds them that their boss cares more about money than quality and, apparently, crappy games make money. So in order to teach him a lesson, Dave suggests making a game so horrible that can sell poorly enough to make Larrity lose profit. Mary is repulsed after hearing what Dave has in mind for his game and believes that Larrity will never approve of that idea. This leads to a bet: If Dave's game is not only approved but goes on sale, Mary has to date Jerry. If it doesn't go through, Dave has to shave Larrity's back for a month.
At the boardroom, Mary reluctantly and angrily pitches a game filled with negative women stereotypes, which is quickly rejected by Larrity. Dave then pitches his game centered around Adolf Hitler as the playable character. Before he could give more detail, Larrity immediately approves the game, as it has everything he likes (including Hitler, child slavery, and chili doggin') and immediately starts investing large amounts of money into it. Lorne Lanning makes a brief appearance to try and pitch his game Oddworld, but enrages Larrity at the mention of "Meeches". Larrity orders Dean to taser him and throw him down a well (along with Mrs. Larrity #7), which is shown on the transition screen immediately after.
Clare meets with Larrity to issue a complaint about Dave's game, after a brief misunderstanding from Larrity that she wants to be his next wife. Larrity refuses, saying that the game approval is for "nostalgic purposes". Even Clarance is offended, comparing the idea with a three-men orgy he saw over the weekend.
Dean is later ordered to help with Dave's game and plays an acting role for the game, dressing up as Hitler, who beats up an adorable kitten in one scene. Dave then sends him out to get them Orange Jew-liuses. Wearing the Hitler costume on the way, onlookers react in disgust. He encounters Hitler's grandchildren, who don't appreciate his portrayal. The next day, GameAVision is issued an injunction to stop them from releasing the game. Larrity explains that he invested all of the company's money into the game, going so far as to create Hitlerdise and start building the biggest Hitler-themed empires since... Hitler, but without the game, it will all collapse and GameAVision will go bankrupt. He immediately plans a field trip to Hitler castle so they could negotiate with the Hitler family.
Dave and Black Steve escape negotiations and explore the castle expecting to find gold. Instead, they find and release Adolf Hitler himself from Carbonite, Star Wars-Style, tormenting him for his atrocities during World War II. While Jerry learns in horror that the relaxation tapes he was listening to were made from the Hitler family, Larrity is offered to make a new game to normalize Nazis. When he refuses, thanks to Jerry putting his foot down, the family attacks them. The GameAVision crew is saved by cowboys rallied by Clarence (who have escaped earlier) and wipes out the Nazi army, leaving a defeated Hitler to kill himself.
Dave's game goes on sale and bombs as he hoped but he lets slip to Larrity beforehand that it was a prank. What's more, Belicovision already had a Hitler-centric game made (and a better one at that, according to the cowboys). The boss quickly has Todd make a new game Cowboys vs. Nazis to make up whatever the loss happened after Dave's antics. As a result, Dave loses the bet and must shave Larrity's back.
Larrity also takes and store a Hitler clone for "insurance" purposes.
Video game references[edit | edit source]
- Lorne Lanning makes a guest appearance to pitch Oddworld, only to enrage Larrity at the mention of Meeches.
- The map and layout of Hitler Castle is similar to the map and layout to Dracula's castle in Castlevania by Konami.
- The staff's escape from Hitler Castle is a nod to the storyline of Wolfenstein 3D. The bird symbol on the flag is the game's alternative to the Nazi swastikas.
- The fight between the cowboys and the Nazis is a reference to Final Fantasy combat. However, in Final Fantasy's layout, allies are on the right and enemies are on the left, not the other way around.
- The transition screen after Lorne is killed parodies the intermission scene after stage 2 in Pac-Man.
Film References[edit | edit source]
- Hitler frozen in carbonite is a reference to Star Wars episodes V and VI where Han Solo is frozen in carbonite and later thawed out by Princess Leia.
Other references[edit | edit source]
- The Orange Julius stand is run by Jews, a pun on the drink shop of the same name.
- Harsher Image is a parody of Sharper Image, an electronics store founded in 1977 and bankrupt in 2008.
- The presentation explaining Hitler Industries explains their expansion in Eurasia, which mirrors the Axis conquests in WWII.
- The "Hang in There" Kitty can be seen in Nazi style.
- "Stop... Hitler Time!" is a spoof from "Stop... Hammer Time", a lyric from the song 'U Can't Touch This' by MC Hammer.
- After the dream sequence from Dean, the HUD then reads "Buck Fuck (Censored as "&%#&", 'cuz of
FUCKING CENSORSHIP)In Stores July 11" is a reference to the show's premier, which was July 11, 2007.